Grow Ministries wanted to provide young adults with a resource for when they meet together that encourages them as they journey in faith together.
WHAT ARE TALKING POINTS?
- Designed to create a very open discussion platform
- No pre-reading or planning required
- Created to be as flexible as needed or they can be followed as prescribed
- FREE to download, print and distribute
Grow Ministries was extremely blessed to have a pilot group of young adults who road tested Talking Points. This group meets weekly at Golden Grove Lutheran Church in South Australia and members call their meeting time Apply, in the understanding that their Bible studies and discussions will be applied to their day-to-day lives.
Here are some of their responses about the benefits of working with Talking Points:
The Talking Point study covers a wide range of topics and it offers the opportunity for those doing the study to go in-depth and build community.’- Joel
It got us talking over a broad range of topics which has helped us flesh out our faith a bit more.’ – Ben
The Spiritual Gifts Talking Point provided real insight into the gifts I can use to help others. It has helped me to identify and discuss the gifts I have and the ways I can use and practise them.’ – Elsa
These studies have allowed our small group to tackle some important issues in a relevant way, and from a biblical foundation. When taken slowly, they have a way of drawing out some interesting ideas and challenging people with the truth.’ – Lachlan
VOLUMES AND TOPICS AVAILABLE
- What is church?
- What does faith do?
- Can we earn our way to God's love?
- Why do bad things happen?
- What are your spiritual gifts?
- What do I believe?
- How do we live an authentic faith?
- What is my testimony?
- How do we evangelise?
- How do you make decisions?
- How do we support cultural diversity?
- How can Christians remain united?
- How do we determine our identity?
- Why should I read the Bible?
- How do we combat pornography?
- How can I be sure God exists?
- Has science disproven Christianity?
- Isn't the Bible just the work of people?
- You're a Christian? Good for you! It's just not for me.
- I believe in God, but worship isn't for me.