Often delving into the harder questions, Talking Points are bible studies designed to encourage small groups to journey in faith together.
Here's a sample of what you'll find...
Gifts are abilities God gives to meet the needs of others in Christ’s name: speaking, encouraging, serving, evangelising, teaching, leading, administering, counselling, discipling, organising. Graces, often called spiritual fruit, are beauties of character; love, joy, peace, humility, gentleness, self-control. Spiritual gifts are what we do; spiritual fruit is what we are. | Tim Keller
Share and discuss what you think your spiritual gifts are and then what your spiritual fruits are?
There are different kinds of gifts, but the same Spirit distributes them. There are different kinds of service, but the same Lord. There are different kinds of working, but in all of them and in everyone it is the same God at work. Now to each one the manifestation of the Spirit is given for the common good. To one there is given through the Spirit a message of wisdom, to another a message of knowledge by means of the same Spirit, to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healing by that one Spirit, to another miraculous powers, to another prophecy, to another distinguishing between spirits, to another speaking in different kinds of tongues, and to still another the interpretation of tongues. All these are the work of one and the same Spirit, and he distributes them to each one, just as he determines. | 1 Corinthians 12:4-11
So, we keep on praying for you, asking our God to enable you to live a life worthy of his call. May he give you the power to accomplish all the good things your faith prompts you to do. Then the name of our Lord Jesus will be honoured because of the way you live, and you will be honoured along with him. This is all made possible because of the grace of our God and Lord, Jesus Christ. | 2 Thessalonians 1:11-12
But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against these things!
Those who belong to Christ Jesus have nailed the passions and desires of their sinful nature to his cross and crucified them there. Since we are living by the Spirit, let us follow the Spirit’s leading in every part of our lives. Let us not become conceited, or provoke one another, or be jealous of one another. | Galatians 5:22-26
- Which fruits of the Spirit do you struggle with - how can we help each other to bear good fruit and stay in step with the Spirit?
- How do you glorify God when using your gifts?
- In what areas of your life could you better use your gifts?
- Does this help you with figuring out your calling both in work and church life?
- That you can find opportunities to use your spiritual gifts in your home, church, and study or workplace
- That the Holy Spirit will guide you to share your gifts
- For your strengths to be a blessing to others
- For guidance as you work through those character traits that come less naturally
(Bless each other with these words or make up your own.)
You are loved for who you are. May you be a blessing to others. Amen.
Talking Points are designed to encourage you to journey in faith together and assist them to discuss a range of topics.
There are four volumes available.
WHAT ARE TALKING POINTS?
- Designed to create a very open discussion platform.
- No pre-reading or planning required.
- Created to be as flexible as needed or they can be followed as prescribed.
- Available to download, print and distribute.