Ministry practices and approaches have a strong missional focus.
Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptising them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age. Matthew 28: 19-20
Reaching out in Christ’s name reflects Jesus’ command to his disciples to go and make disciples of all nations baptising them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit. These verses show a way of life that is the responsibility of all. We are called to reach out with the love of Jesus in our culture and in our time.
The evangelism of the church, the entire body of Christ around the world promotes and establishes personal contact, personal relationships with others wherever the people of God may be. That outreach takes place fundamentally through the sacrifice of giving one’s time, commitment and resources to attend to others. David Anderson
Following are some ideas of how to promote Christian evangelism through household hospitality and the ministries of your congregation.
- Welcome people into your home. Share your faith rituals and traditions (eg. saying grace, having a devotion). Talk about your Christian faith. Find opportunities to share your favourite Bible story or verse. Pray for them.
- Invite a family to join you for a picnic, hike or visit to a local park. Be prepared to talk about your faith if opportunities arise in conversation.
- Offer a special ministry that is welcoming of new and non-Christian families.
- Provide pathways for people to consider or reconsider the Christian faith.
- Pray for visitors and newcomers to your congregation. Pray for your wider community. Pray for your congregation’s mission to them.