GROW LEADERSHIP TEAM 2019
The Grow Leadership team for 2019 is complete! We have ten participants including five Australians, one New Zealander and four participants from Myanmar.
AUSTRALIA - Eden Bishop (WA), Erin Geurds-Cook (WA), Matt Konrad (SA), Emma Lange (SA) and Hudson Noack (SA),
NEW ZEALAND - Wendy Woods
MYNAMAR - Rosanglura, Sarah San San Aung, Biehlemo and Kyaw Thu Ya
The team met in Brisbane for a 2 day intensive on Wednesday 30 January and then headed to Myanmar. The team had a wonderful time away, visiting many of the ministries of the Lutheran Churches throughout Yangon. One of the highlights was visiting Lutheran Hour Ministries, we learnt about their outreach through radio, visits, puppet shows and sports.
Our leadership skills were stretched and we bonded as a team. We are all looking forward to coming together in July to continue to learn and grow together.
Please keep this group of young people in your prayers as they now move into their leadership roles within their congregations and also begin meeting regularly with their mentors. Please also pray for Erin (LCA International Mission) and Vicki (Grow Ministries) as they encourage and support the participants and prepare for the next intensive in July.
We are looking forward to sharing our journey with you via Facebook and throughout the year through our eNews.
Please keep the team in your prayers.
Cultivating young leaders....
Grow Leadership is happening again in 2019!
- A part-time commitment for a period of 11 months
- Participation in a 'Stretch and Grow' experience to Myanmar | 30 January – 13 February, 2019
- Two face-to-face intensives (held at Nunyara Conference Centre, Belair SA)
- Intensive 1: 7-12 July, 2019
- Intensive 2: 2-7 December 2019
- Regular one-on-one mentoring
- Minimum of 18 hours of local congregational leadership
Our goals for you….
- To experience a mentored and reflective faith adventure.
- To grow and be renewed in the gospel (head, heart and hands).
- Empower you to become a leader by equipping you with skills to help you contribute to the church and the wider community.
- Have a deeper knowledge and understanding of Lutheran theology and how it can contribute to identity and make sense of life and the world.
- Opportunity to experience the ministries of the LCA and how they complement the ministry of Districts.
- To develop a sense of pride in our Church.
- Discover and understand Christian vocation in the world.
- To grow relationships across the generations.
- To connect deeply with your local faith community.