GROW LEADERSHIP TEAM 2019
The Grow Leadership team for 2019 is complete! We have ten participants including five Australians, one New Zealander and four participants from Myanmar.
AUSTRALIA - Eden Bishop (WA), Erin Geurds-Cook (WA), Matt Konrad (SA), Emma Lange (SA) and Hudson Noack (SA),
NEW ZEALAND - Wendy Woods
MYNAMAR - Rosanglura, Sarah San San Aung, Biehlemo and Kyaw Thu Ya
The team will meet in Brisbane for a 2 day intensive on Wednesday 30 January and then head to Myanmar where we will worship with several of the Lutheran churches. We will also visit Lutheran Hour Ministries and explore the ministries of the four Lutheran synods. We will also have an opportunity to visit the Shwedagon Pagoda and National Museum.
We are looking forward to sharing our journey with you via Facebook and throughout the year through our eNews.
Please keep the team in your prayers. If you would like to receive daily updates and prayer requests from us while we are away you can let me know HERE.
Cultivating young leaders....
Grow Leadership is happening again in 2019!
- A part-time commitment for a period of 11 months
- Participation in a 'Stretch and Grow' experience to Myanmar | 30 January – 13 February, 2019
- Two face-to-face intensives (held at Nunyara Conference Centre, Belair SA)
- Intensive 1: 7-12 July, 2019
- Intensive 2: 2-7 December 2019
- Regular one-on-one mentoring
- Minimum of 18 hours of local congregational leadership
Our goals for you….
- To experience a mentored and reflective faith adventure.
- To grow and be renewed in the gospel (head, heart and hands).
- Empower you to become a leader by equipping you with skills to help you contribute to the church and the wider community.
- Have a deeper knowledge and understanding of Lutheran theology and how it can contribute to identity and make sense of life and the world.
- Opportunity to experience the ministries of the LCA and how they complement the ministry of Districts.
- To develop a sense of pride in our Church.
- Discover and understand Christian vocation in the world.
- To grow relationships across the generations.
- To connect deeply with your local faith community.