“Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful. And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another – and all the more as you see the Day approaching”. Hebrews 10:23-25
Grow Ministries wanted to provide our young adults with a resource for when they meet together, and to encourage them as they journey in faith together. This new resource is called ‘Talking Points’. It has been designed for young adults as a guide for them as they discuss a range of topics.
WHAT ARE TALKING POINTS?
- Designed to create a very open discussion platform
- No pre-reading or planning required
- Created to be as flexible as needed or they can be followed as prescribed
- Available to download, print and distribute
Grow Ministries has been extremely blessed to have a pilot group of young adults who road tested Talking Points. This group meets weekly at Golden Grove Lutheran Church in South Australia and members call their meeting time Apply, in the understanding that their Bible studies and discussions will be applied to their day-to-day lives.
Here are some of their responses about the benefits of working with Talking Points:
‘The Talking Point study covers a wide range of topics and it offers the opportunity for those doing the study to go in-depth and build community.’- Joel Schiller
‘It got us talking over a broad range of topics which has helped us flesh out our faith a bit more.’ – Ben McAleer
‘The Spiritual Gifts Talking Point provided real insight into the gifts I can use to help others. It has helped me to identify and discuss the gifts I have and the ways I can use and practise them.’ – Elsa Matthias
‘These studies have allowed our small group to tackle some important issues in a relevant way, and from a biblical foundation. When taken slowly, they have a way of drawing out some interesting ideas and challenging people with the truth.’ – Lachlan Ahrens
- What is church?
- What does faith do?
- Can we earn our way to God's love?
- Why do bad things happen?
- What are your spiritual gifts?
- What do I believe?
- How do we live an authentic faith?
- What is my testimony?
- How do we evangelise?
- How do you make decisions?
- What do we support cultural diversity?
- How can Christians remain united?
- How do we determine our identity?
- Why should I read the Bible?
- How do we combat pornography?