PARENT FACILITATED - CONGREGATION SUPPORTED
Encourage congregations and families to work together in preparing children to receive the special gift of holy communion. This resource has been designed for parents and their children to do in their homes, guided by a congregational leader. It can be completed within a group situation or individually. Adult mentors are encouraged to walk alongside the children as they embark on this part of their faith journey.
- INTRODUCTORY SESSION
- LESSON ONE - Remembering what Jesus has done for us.
- LESSON TWO - Eating and drinking.
- LESSON THREE - God's gifts.
- LESSON FOUR - Preparing for holy communion.
- CONCLUDING SESSION - A shared meal with families.
- WORSHIP SERVICE - First communion celebration.